- Apple Cuts iPhone 5 Production, Stock Falls: Is the Age of Apple Over?
- Samsung’s Galaxy S Smartphone Series Passes 100 Million Channel Sales
- Is It Too Late for an Apple TV?
- Samsung Likely to Lead Apple in Smart TV… For Now
- The Hottest Smartphone Maker On The Planet Isn’t Apple
Regular readers know that I often like to ‘flip it,’ or take a contrarian position. Well, I remain long and strong in Apple (and Google) for many reasons, but one of the most important is because these companies are about far more than simply manufacturing hardware. They have ecosystems which cut across a multitude of products and platforms and which continue to evolve. Apple’s proprietary “i” ecosystem means that your iPod works with your Mac which works with your iPhone which talks to your iPad…and they’ll all talk to your TV when that comes out, maybe later this year. The company, even sans Steve Jobs, isobsessive about creating a smooth, elegant interface and interoperability. That’s why it can charge so much for its high end products and still sell a boatload. And don’t forget, Apple’s just getting started in China…
But I digress. The point I want to make today is that, at its core, Samsung is a hardware manufacturer.