A non-markets note for you.
LeBron heading home (I did that recently). He wrote an amazing note about life and responsibility. Count me back on the LeBron bandwagon. Big time.
Here are the Top 7 Inspirational Quotes from LeBron James’ coming home letter. Source: http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers
1. “I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously.”
3. “But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left?”
2. “Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or OPEN A BUSINESS.”
4. “I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown.”
5. ” The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.”
6. “My patience will get tested. I know that.”
7. “In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have. I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.”
Now I picture myself like James Cramer on his show hitting the BUY BUY BUY button over and over when the caller asks me about LeBron. I’m paying up after hours for this trade. Okay, walk away from the keyboard again, Cody, walk away. And as a friend of mine put it, “Also a great example of sentiment. Last month/yesterday Lebron was probably the most hated athlete in America. Today…? Should have got long Lebron after the Finals.”