Hey, my accountants are wanting me to make sure we know which of our subscribers hail from the great state of New Mexico. So if you are a paying TradingWithCody.com subscriber and you live in NM, please hit reply and let us know so we can have a count of NM subscribers. Thanks in advance.
Greece, Russia, Ukraine and currency wars are front and center in the headlines once again. If you think you can game political, economic and human nature as it affects the broader stock markets in the near-term, you’re fooling yourself. Having a playbook that encompasses and accounts for such swings is key — do you have a playbook? I do. Let’s get into some analysis then.
A few things to note this morning.
1. Social networking stocks are still some of the fastest growing stocks on the planet these days. What other sector of the economy is growing 50-100% per year. Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn each showed year over year growth in that range as they figure out how to monetize their user bases while continuing to grow their user bases. Attention in years ahead will be much more on whether these companies can figure out how to get a few extra pennies of revenue out of each user per day through advertising and other means.
2. Apple is stuck below $120. The other day, I showed how resistance was being built by a major seller at the $120 level. And that’s still the case. Apple’s been trading within 1% of $120 for a week now. If it pops through it to, say, $122, it could be off to the races once again.
3. Synaptics, NXPI and other Apple suppliers are also fighting big resistance levels. I wouldn’t be surprised to see these stocks take off again if Apple were to break strongly through its $120 level. I own Synaptics and think it’s got more upside ahead this year as it takes more marketshare and increases its revenue per iPhone and other gadgets. Getting a few cents more out of each smartphone and tablet sold in 2015 would add an extra 10-20% topline upside for Synaptics in the year ahead.
Also, I’ll be speaking at the next Trader’s Expo in NYC on March 2, so if you’re in NYC or want to come check out my next public speeches:
- Trading Like a Hedge Fund Manager
- Why You Shouldn’t Listen to Anybody When It Comes to Investing and TradingNobody has any clue about what you should be doing with your money. Not even me.
• We’ll give tips for finding your own edge and reducing risk.
• We’ll help you figure out why you’re risking your hard-earned capital in the first place.