Father’s Day Weekend:
TWC Chat room highlights, articles & links, June 15th – June 19th 2015.
* Bond market to fuel a stock market rally.
* Facebook’s little known 100 Billion dollar hardware business.
* Skip College and start making $70,000 a year.
* Is it time to ditch cable and get full with a la carte?
* Google drone is here to save your life.
* ECB has an Ace up its sleeve and Greece will submit.
* The real reason a college degree costs so much.
* The west coast has Silicon Valley. Now NYC is building Silicon Island
* Stop into the Trading with Cody chat room during the trading week. Exchange ideas / catch up for a few minutes with other members of the TWC community and ask our LIVE portfolio manager any questions.
Chat room Highlights:
Codywillard :Morning folks. $FIT #FitBit about to open IPO trading at $28-31, up 40% or so from where it finally priced at about $20. The float was increased 20% as the price was raised from $14ish earlier this week — and it’s all insiders that are getting that last 20%, not the company. Not good for long-term shareholders. I’m not impressed with how the management handled this IPO and I’m not a fan of owning a smart watch that sucks compared to the new Apple Watch. Long $AAPL. No position in $FIT.
Q: Whats your take on $ICON here?
A: I’m working on it again now, but nothing new so far. I might nibble on some more if the price drops more.
How Facebook is eating the $140 billion hardware market.
This time, the ‘Great Rotation’ may be a thing
much like the Great Pumpkin, the “Great Rotation” out of bonds and into stocks has famously failed to turn up. Until now, that is.
Is this the future of higher education in this digital age? Can this course give you all you need to find a job you love and bypass 4 years of college?
Make $70,000 a year with no degree.
Students who attend Flatiron School for coding have a 99 percent chance of landing a job after completion with an average starting salary of $70,000.
How a Google drone might soon save lives.
Drones that carry medical supplies and provide audio instructions for CPR are the future, if Google has anything to say about it.
The trump card the ECB could use on Greece.
By accepting emergency liquidity assistance from the ECB, Greece may very well have already forfeited its fight against its creditors.
The real reasons a college degree costs so much. With student debt outstanding topping 1.2 trillion, parents, students and researchers are asking: Why does college cost so much? Here are some reasons.
The west coast has silicon Valley. Now NYC is building Silicon Island- Bloomberg donates $100M to New York City’s tech island campus:
Lets us know if you’re enjoying these articles and links. Send us your thoughts and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great Father’s day weekend! From the team at Trading with Cody.