Let’s do this week’s Live Q&A Chat tomorrow at noon ET. You can ask me anything obviously.
A couple trade alert and updates for you in the meantime.
1. Dycom’s earnings report results weren’t great, but I am quite surprised (and in pain) over how sharp the decline in that stock is today. I nibbled some more today as the selling seems overdone and panicky.
2. Campbell’s earnings, guidance and tone were better than expected and everybody expected it to be worse than expected so that stock’s popped nicely today. The dividend is still above 4% here and I still like this one for the next six months to 27 years.
3. Palo Alto’s earnings report numbers were really strong, with an acceleration of growth and gross margins. Palo Alto is also a stealth 5G play as they have a platform to help carriers protect their new 5G networks that they talked about quite a bit last night on the call. The company is also going to buy back nearly 5% of the float — which I wish they would just put that money on the balance sheet or send us dividends instead, but it’s still a positive. The valuation’s stretched here but this is a best in class play on a Revolutionary secular growth sector like network security, so I’d rather be a buyer than a seller of PANW even today.
4. Blue Apron is down because Blue Apron has recently partnered with Weight Watchers and WTW’s numbers were terrible. Speaking of WTW, the stock is now down 80% from its highs a few months ago. I’ve still got some gains in my remaining APRN and I’m going to go ahead and sell most of the rest of it here and close out the position and move on.
5. Pier One has popped lately and I’ve been trading around a tiny core position in the name and losing time and a little bit of money doing so. I’m going to stop doing that and am pretty much closing out my short position here and moving on.
5. Twitter’s been crushed lately and I’m been scaling into more of it, including a pretty good sized buy of more TWTR this morning.
Square reports tonight after the close. And JD is tomorrow before the open. Be careful out there and stay steady.